Thursday, August 11, 2016

Hana Beaded Fob Kit Cost

Jo had commented earlier today:

This looks fascinating! I really like the way you've explained each step. I would have thought the magazine could have put together a kit pack you could buy with everything in.

I thought the answer to this comment would be interesting for others, because up until this moment I hadn't actually calculated how much putting together this kit actually cost me.

Inspirations does have a kit ready made to buy. It costs 59.50 AUD plus about 16 AUD to ship to Canada. Converted to Canadian it would have cost about the same 75 CAD total.

A friend in the US had already offered her address for me to send packages to, which I gladly took advantage of. Let's be frank, shipping within the US is much more cost effective than shipping to (or even within) Canada. So I took advantage of the free shipping when I could. Artbeads was also having a sale and I saved a ton there as well. In the end, the entire kit cost me 42.06 CAD

So the lesson of the day, do the legwork and save your pennies for other stash ;)

4 comments:

  1. I agree, Dima, as long as you have time to spare. As soon as embroidery becomes your source of income, time is far more valuable :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with you on this one Dima, kits are often more convenient but that often comes at a price! I'd rather do the legwork and save the pennies too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Shipping really is the killer for a lot of stuff. I've cancelled so many orders because the shipping is going to be more than the cost of the goods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a case where you get to choose whether you do the legwork and save the cash, or whether you'd prefer to pay the money for the convenience. Sometimes, of course, doing the legwork is fun!

    ReplyDelete