Saturday, July 30, 2016

Happy World Embroidery Day!

At the time when this post gets published, I won't be sitting in front of my computer. For the first time, I will be participating in World Embroidery Day.

Annie Penin and Lisa
Annie Penin who was my teacher when we took the ribbon embroidery class at Ecole Lesage in Paris occasionally comes to Montreal for visits. She actually used to live not far from my old house for years but now lives in Paris. When she comes to Montreal she offers bead embroidery classes. I obviously pounced on that opportunity and it just so happens that the class will fall on World Embroidery Day :)


Fleurs de Sakura is a bead embroidery project stitched with a needle (versus a luneville which she also teaches). It's stitched on white linen with beads, spangles, twisted bugles, tweed, raffia using Au Ver à Soie thread with some organza applique. Doesn't that sound exciting =D I'm going to try and post to Instagram during our lunch break. So you can follow along there if you are on Instagram, otherwise you can read all about it next week :)

(As I'm writing this post, there are 4 days left before the class but I couldn't wait to write the post!)

4 comments:

  1. That looks like fun. I can see why you are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read all about it next week! It looks like a great class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're having a fabulous class. Love that project.

    ReplyDelete