Friday, April 8, 2016

April TUSAL




Not a lot of variety this month. I mainly spent my time on Fandango and the black thread is from the gift I made that I still can't show.

I've also been a little bead crazy this month. I've been buying beads left and right, and looking at bead embroidery patterns. I found this one on Pinterest and having loads of fun with it. A few years ago when I was on an eBay spending spree I bought a lot of Mill Hill beads, so that's what I used. It's not ideal as the beads are not all identical, but it's fine when you're experimenting. I've started putting it together and it should be finished soon :)


Update 2016/04/12: Wendy was kind enough to give me the correct name for this kind of beading. It's called bead weaving and not bead embroidery. Something new to look up :)

10 comments:

  1. It looks lovely. It's beadweaving though, not bead embroidery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I now have another keyword to look up in Pinterest :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! What do you plan to do with it when finished? Jewelry maybe or an appliqué?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely and I love your bead holders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks lovely. I could easily get interested in bead work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could use it to embellish a hairgrip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty piece! I am also curious about how it will be finished.

    ReplyDelete