Wednesday, June 4, 2014

It's All Here!

I finally received all my stash this week.

First up: I upgraded my Heartside Lap Stand (I use it more as a table stand) by adding a Stabilizer Bar and Adjustable Brackets. This means that I can now use my frame with Q-snaps and Stretcher bars. It took me a while to figure it out, but once I did it was a snap. I've already used it this weekend and it's great. I'll have to try it with a Q-snap soon.

Lap Stand in Action
Second: I got stash from Thistle Needleworks. I found Joanne's blog and saw her version of Donna's Fantasy Lace and had to have it. It took me a while to track down a shop that had the pattern, but luckily Thistle Needleworks did. I spoke with the owner Judie and she put together everything I would need to stitch it. It's not like I needed more kits in my stash, but I really want to try out Hardanger.

Donna's Fantasy Lace kit

Third: Mary Corbet had written a review on a book called Guida al Ricamo Hedebo. I've been getting very curious about white work embroidery and pulled thread embroidery, so I decided to see if I can find myself a copy. Turns out Trilium Lace, located in Gatineau, Quebec, has a copy of the book in stock. I've been browsing their online catalog for months now, slowly building a list of things I'd like. This seemed like the perfect opportunity. Trilium Lace specializes in Bobbin Lace and Needle Lace, but also embroidery. They have a great selection of books that are imported and carry a lot of specialty items you'd need for lace making. I decided to get fabric to try out some Hardanger patterns before I tackle the kit and 2 books: Guida al Ricamo Hedebo and Beginner's guide to Hardanger by Jill Carter. Both seem to be hard to find, so if you've been looking for a copy, try contacting Trilium Lace.


I wish I could say that this marks the end of my stash enhancement for a while, but I already ordered another needle-minder from the Nimble Needle :P I couldn't help it, it was so cute.

Update 2014/06/05: I spoke too fast. I came home and found a package in the mail from Nimble Needle (I love that store). I paid for it last Friday and it was shipped right away. Plus, they have a $4.99 Flat shipping rate that doesn't exclude Canada , as so many stores do :(

Here it is next to my current progress:


No comments:

Post a Comment