Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Old And New

We went to a flea market on Saturday (for those who live in the Montreal area its Finnegan's Market). I went there with a few things in mind to look out for: a new ORT container and some porcelain bowls to use when I am beading.

I had a great find at one stall. I bought the bowls for $10, there are 5 total. My favorite is the blue one in the middle. Another stall was selling a huge assortment of tin cans. They had so many different cute ones that I had to get myself one. Although I have no idea what I'll put in it lol. This one cost me $4.


With these, I was still missing a new ORT container.

Luckily, on our way back I spotted one of the new Michael's stores that opened in Quebec. So we had to stop there and check it out. They have a HUGE selection and the prices are either too high or too low. It depends on what you're into. The one thing I did notice is that DMC threads are $0.49 there (versus the $0.89 everywhere else).

I didn't really shop with a specific project in mind, as I was wholly unprepared, but I did find a new ORT vase. I also found a SMASH book (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PFsArr4Z1s), I've been wanting one for a while, and some cute buttons.


Here's a close up of the buttons


I did end up continuing working on Stargazer all last week and the weekend. Here's an update picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment