Monday, August 27, 2012

Fastest Finish Ever!!

Well almost :) I spent the weekend working on TW's Stretch. I just couldn't put it down once I started on the dragon. The color blends were so beautiful. All I kept thinking was: "This color is so pretty. I would never have put these two together." lol.

So here it is.


Last week I mentioned that quarter stitches were slowing me down, but once i got the hang of it, it got easy. My only worry was missing them by accident because they are so small on the pattern. I will upload more detailed images once the backstitch is finished.

Speaking of backstitch, the colors used in the pattern are regular DMC cotton thread. But I wanted to add more "fire" to mine. So I went out on Saturday and got some sparkle. These are DMC Light Effects. I've only used Kreinik so far, which is a pain to work with sometimes, so I'm kind of worried about using these. The colors are not exact, so I'll see how it comes out. By the way, ignore the last one on the right. I just couldn't stop myself from getting it. It's so pretty.


1 comment:

  1. lol agreed, shiny thread is so pretty!! <3
    Very attractive and the end result speaks for itself!

    ReplyDelete