Monday, May 1, 2017

Flower Beading

I spent most of the weekend recuperating from my work week, but I did get some stitching done. I'm surprised by how slow the progress is. Each flower takes about 15 minutes for me to stitch and I've been getting distracted a lot. My sister was in the UK and she would call me to face time to show me where she was and what she was doing. She came back really late last night (I was asleep by then) with lots of goodies for me to share, so I can't wait to get home to go thru them.

© Copyright - Japanese Embroidery Center
I was hoping to stitch all the navy flowers but that didn't happen. Right now I have 23 flowers out of 52. I still have long way to go and after that many, many leaves to stitch. I really should start plugging away at those. Wouldn't do to leave them all for the end. My bead mat has been great for that. I usually pick one color of flowers to stitch and will set up the beads for the flower centers and the leaves so I can easily switch between the two and not waste any time pulling out beads.


Here is a close up of one area that is almost done. All that's left here is to stitch 3 beads in the space between the leaves. These will form a triangle. Once I have a bigger area stitched, I'll attach some to show you what it will look like when it's done.

© Copyright - Japanese Embroidery Center
On another note, first: I've missed WIPocalypse for April. I won't be doing a post for that as I haven't worked on any of my WIPs. I'm hoping to do better next month, we'll see. Second: there are 13 days left before EAC seminar =D

8 comments:

  1. Wow each little flower is so tiny and delicate. All the colours look beautiful together. I didn't realize that there were little leave in between the flowers from your earlier post, they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower beading is beautiful. I really like the variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! It's going to be stunning when completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making great progress, this is so pretty already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, beadwork is time consuming - but it's going to be lovely, so well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are shining and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks amazing with the leaves added in

    ReplyDelete